Voted Pro Sound Network Best in Show at AES 2012, the Moog Analog Delay is the first delay designed exclusively for the 500 series format. The Analog Delay is a 100% analog signal path module that features 800ms of delay time, front panel MIDI control, and an assignable Tap Tempo/CV jack on its front panel. Included with each unit is a free VST/AU/RTAS editor for easy implementation into any recording, live, and performance situation.
The Analog Delay has been designed with tone, connectivity, and flexibility at the forefront. Moog’s engineering team worked tirelessly to deliver a delay with an incredibly clean front end that could easily be pushed into a warm, natural overdrive for saturated delay trails or distorted delay effects.
Though not on the front panel, the Analog Delay features a 6 Waveshape LFO that allows users to create other time based effects such as tape delay, chorus and extremely modulated sounds. The LFO is easily accessed via MIDI and the free VST/AU/RTAS Analog Delay plug-in editor.
Also accessible via the included editor are advanced features like Tap/CV input routing, Keyboard Control settings, Clock Divisions and a Delay Multiplier for access to illegal delay times (up to 4x the front panel position). In addition to Tap Tempo and CV control, the Tap/CV input can also convert click track audio into a tap tempo signal.
Moog 500 Series Analog Delay Technical Specs
• Balanced line level via 500 rack. +19dBµ to -11dBµ
• Input Impedance: 1MΩ Differential or single ended, common Mode 48KΩ.
• Output Impedance: Nominally 50Ω differential 25Ω single ended.
• Max. Output Level: Better than +22dBµ, balanced.
• Drive Gain: 30dB Range of control
• Output Gain: 30dB Range of control
• Frequency Response: Better than +/-0.5dB 20Hz – 20KHz pass band. Better than +/- 1.5dB 5Hz – 24KHz pass band.
• Bypass: Hard Relay True Bypass
• Power Consumption: 130mA +16V, <60mA -16V
• Four NOS Panasonic Low Noise High Voltage BBDs
• Premium “esoteric” TI/Burr Brown OPA1644 Op amps used throughout the analog signal path.
• Premium “Metallized Polyphenylene-Sulphide Film capacitors in the filter section.
• 2 Dual High quality Moog 6th order filters for anti alias and clock removal functions
• Premium THAT high CMRR front end with Servo DC Nulling.
• Premium THAT cross coupled differential drive output stage.
• Ultra fast, low noise linear power supply regulators for the lowest noise possible in an analog delay.
• Premium audiophile grade op amp upgrades though out for the lowest distortion and noise possible.
• Upgraded High speed Low noise op amp upgrades for all CV and control sections.
• Upgrades to the capacitors in all key sonic points to reduce microphonics, noise and improve sonic quality.
• 2.5 – 3.5 times the sonic headroom and rails in the audio signal path.
• Premium differential input and output sections utilizing DC servo modified THAT Corporation receivers and transmitters. (THAT In Genius 1200 Transformer simulating reviever with Moog designed DC servo offset removing, featuring over 1M input impedance and very high common mode rejection ratio, THAT Corp OutSmarts 1646 Balanced Line Driver for balanced transformer like floating outputs).
• Ultra Low noise and fast transient response linear regulators and voltage isolation networks.
• Complete design re-visitation with many small tweaks and adjustments to significantly open the sonic filed, warmth, lower noise and improve the sonic quality.
• True relay hard bypass.
• Low noise and low distortion gain and mixing sections with less coloration and distortion in the gain and mixing sections.
• Significantly lower noise, distortion, microphonics, and other objectionable artifacts due to improved components and design improvements.
• No VCA in the input, output, or mixer sections for lowered noise, distortion and coloration
• Stereo linking capability and firmware improvements for a wide variety of mono to stereo delay effects and and stereo I/O capability
• Improved and expanded LFO capabilities.
• Lower distortion and higher accuracy BBD chain due to the addition of 5 trimmer pots to dial in the BBD recombining balance and gain stage accuracy.
• Improved high end MUX circuitry in the 6th order anti alias filters and clock removal filters for lower noise and distortion.
• Added analog click track to tap tempo tracking.
• Flexible assignable CV buss.
• Improved signal monitoring chain
The new Moog 500 Series Analog Delay is expected to begin shipping in Dec. 2012. The announced price is $ 999.00. You can preorder and find more info on the official site.