Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s Freeware Pack II, a complete redesign of its free audio plug-ins for Mac and PC. This release brings new plug-ins to the bundle (dual channel EQ, stereo phaser), as well as completely redesigned versions of the existing plug-ins: new user interfaces, a new presets management system, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, many new presets, Windows AAX support, and much more (details below).
The plug-ins are available for download for free as a single bundle or separately on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
New in Blue Cat’s Freeware Pack II
# New Plug-ins included:
* A dual channels EQ is now included in Blue Cat’s Triple EQ, with both left/right and mid/side capabilities.
* The stereo version of Blue Cat’s Phaser is now free and included.
# Streamlined plug-ins collection: plug-ins have been grouped together for simpler install and usage.
# New features:
* New user interface.
* New integrated presets manager:
+ Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
+ Organize presets with folders.
+ Customize the default preset.
+ Exchange presets easily.
* Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
* Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
* AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
* Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
* The plug-ins now appears in the appropriate category in Pro Tools (“Dynamics”, “EQ” or “Modulation”).
* Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
* Improved default response curve for automation and MIDI control.
* Added new presets.
* Improved value display in fine edit window.
* Improved user manual.
# Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
* Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
* Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
* More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
* Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
# Bug Fixes:
* Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
* Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab 7 on Mac.
# Intel Mac running Mac OS X Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
# PC running Windows 7, Vista or XP.
Source: Blue Cat Press Release