Waves Audio today releases Bass Rider, a new plugin that, as the name says, rides bass levels automatically. Waves Bass Rider delivers perfect bass levels, without changing the natural sound of recorded or played bass. Waves Bass Rider is developed especially for the frequency range and envelope characteristics of bass instruments and it can be applied for processing all the “basses”: DI, amplified, acoustic, synth, upright, etc.
A real timesaver with dedicated studio and also live components, Bass Rider keeps bass levels in check and solid throughout a mix. Unlike a compressor, Bass Rider works note by note, without disturbing their inner dynamics, so they sustain and decay naturally. Best of all, since Bass Rider keeps levels steady with automatic gain adjustment, now users can focus on the feel and flow of their bass, and use compression if desired to add color and character.
Watch online Waves Bass Rider | New Plugin from Waves Audio Video Presentation on the Official You Tube Account of Audio Pro News.
Waves Audio Bass Rider Top Features
- Rides bass levels automatically
- Optimized for bass instruments
- Retains the natural character of the bass
- Dedicated studio and live components
- Up to 24-bit 192kHz resolution
- Mono and Stereo components
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU
- PC- and Mac®-compatible
Waves Audio Bass Rider Controls
- Target Energy Meter shows the energy of the input signal.
- Target Slider sets the desired bass level range and calibrates the Rider Fader “0” position.
- Sensitivity controls the note detector sensitivity.
- Response controls the note detector response.
- Spill controls the amount of spill that the detector should ignore.
- Artifacts controls the note detector’s tolerance to artifacts.
- Max Range sets the upper boundary of the Rider Fader movement.
- Min Range sets the lower boundary of the Rider Fader movement.
- Rider Fader is Bass Rider’s automatic fader control.
- Output trims the vocal output gain, post-auto riding.
- Idle Arrow sets the Rider Fader value when there is no bass activity.
- Effective Range displays the total gain range available for automatic riding.
Waves Bass Rider is now available at a U.S. MSRP of Native $200/TDM $300. Special intro price is Native $99/TDM $149. It is also available at no additional charge to owners of Waves Mercury with current Waves Update Plan coverage. For more information, please visit www.waves.com