Roland today announces R-MIX, a new audio processing software. Roland R-MIX features the newly developed V-Remastering technology and the highly-acclaimed VariPhrase technology and for that it allows you to see the individual components of a stereo mix as color-coded clouds of harmonic matter and to apply effects or center cancel exactly where and as you wish within the mix. Roland R-MIX can help musicians learn songs by offering focused access to any desired instrument in the mix and the ability to slow down fast or complicated sections.
By graphically breaking down the stereo mix data into three elements (frequency, panning, and level), R-MIX makes it possible to actually see the instruments inside the mix, using the Harmonic Placement. Mastering live recording sources is also possible by adjusting the instrument levels and applying noise reduction and effects, and with R-MIX, you can create the highest quality sound and then export your project as an audio file for music player playback.
Since there is only one R-MIX screen to operate, workflow increases, and there is no need to switch screens. Menus are aligned according to the workflow, easing navigation, and a simple help window for each task allows for manual free operation. Windows/Mac compatibility and the intuitive design also makes it accessible to everyone from serious DAW magicians to novice users and easily integrates into education and video production settings.
R-MIX Tab, a simplified version of R-MIX, will be available for the Apple iPad later this year. This iPad application also uses the V-Remastering technology to extract audio elements and easily creates minus-one data from an audio file.
Roland’s innovative V-Remastering digital signal-processing technology gives you total control over the elements within a stereo audio file. Built into R-MIX, V-Remastering makes it possible for you to see each stereo mix as color-coded clouds of energy and harmonic matter, and easily isolate the individual instruments or elements within the mix and change their panning positions and levels. V-Remastering also gives you the ability to erase, extract, or add effects to each element within a mix.
In conjunction with V-Remastering, R-MIX employs Roland’s acclaimed VariPhrase technology, which can make your audio “elastic.” The secret to elastic audio is the independent control of pitch, time, and also formant but for R-MIX this parameter is not available.
Watch online New audio processing software | Roland announces R-MIX Video Presentation, on the Official You Tube Account of Audio Pro News.
Roland R-MIX Top Features
- View the elements of a stereo mix as color-coded clouds of energy and frequency matter onscreen
- Freely select and manipulate any element within a stereo mix
- High-quality sound
- Create “minus-one” type karaoke files from existing songs by lowering the level of the pre-recorded vocal or any other instrument you select
- Create your own remixes and mash-ups by using two pairs of stereo tracks within R-MIX t Isolate any desired instrument within a mix, and then solo and slow down that element for study
- Clean up old recordings and master your stereo mixes by adjusting individual instrument levels within a mix and applying noise reduction and effects
- Compatible with Mac and Windows
- Simplified version available for Apple iPad
Roland R-MIX availability and MSRP details are being determined these days.
Source: Roland Press Release