Roland annnounces SPD-SX Sampling Pad
Roland announced today the availability for october 2011 of SPD-SX Sampling Pad – The Ultimate Percussive Sampling Instrument as they say. Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad is a multi-pad percussion instrument with 2 GB of onboard sampling memory and three powerful effects engines. The SPD-SX mark the end of popular SPDS the industry-leading sampling pad.
The SPD-SX gives drummers, percussionists, and other musicians a simple, portable, and affordable way to add sampling to any performance setup. The generous 2 GB of built-in memory provides more than three hours of CD-quality sampling in stereo, which can be captured via the stereo mic/line input or imported through USB. Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad features new Multi-Pad Sampling, a quick and easy way to capture, truncate, and assign samples to pads by simply striking pads at the appropriate start/end points of a particular sample.
User samples and factory-preloaded wave data can be organized and stored into numerous kits and played from the nine integrated trigger pads, which include six large pads and three edge triggers. The pads feature Roland’s latest pad-sensing technology for even, accurate triggering and the ultimate in dynamic sensitivity. Two dual-trigger inputs allow users to expand the SPD-SX with optional external pads and acoustic drum triggers for even more triggering options. The SPD-SX has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. In addition, two dedicated front-panel knobs provide real-time control of user-assignable effects.
The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software for Mac and PC lets users import audio files from a computer directly via USB, assign the samples to pads, and organize sample files quickly and efficiently. USB also allows users to easily interface the SPD-SX with their computer to communicate directly with DAWs and other music software, so players can use the SPD-SX to trigger software instruments and record MIDI and audio data in the computer.
The versatile SPD-SX can be played on a tabletop or stand, and can be used with standard drum hardware. Other standout features include an intuitive interface and large display, dual stereo outputs, a phones jack, an assignable click with dedicated front-panel level knob, MIDI I/O, and more.
Watch online Roland annnounces SPD-SX Sampling Pad Video Presentation, on the Official You Tube Account of Audio Pro News.
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad Top Features
- Unique sampling-pad concept — the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 2 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 360 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad will be available in October with an MSRP of $1199.00.
Source: Roland Press Release