On the evening of Thursday, March 14, 2013, Guitar Center held the grand opening of its new location in Katy, Texas, located at 24429 Katy Freeway, Katy, TX 77494. The Katy store is Guitar Center’s 244th retail location and is part of a new wave of Guitar Center retail stores that feature lesson spaces, which allows the brand to offer additional music lessons, special programs and expanded opportunities for local musicians.
Trevor McGrew, Katy’s new store Manager, stated, “I love being a part of people becoming musicians, from helping them find their first instrument, then watching them learn to play at GC Studios lessons, to when they come back to expand their collection – it’s exciting to have that connection with customers and feel like you’ve been a part of their achieving their musical ambitions.” McGrew has been with Guitar Center since 2006 and is certified in multiple departments including Guitars, DJ Gear, Lighting & Effects, Amplifiers & Effects, Effects Pedals, and Bass.
Guitar Center Katy: What Musicians Will Find In-Store
• Guitar Center Studios – Deeply vested in expanding and enhancing the Katy music scene, Guitar Center Katy also brings Guitar Center Studios to the new location. The fully-equipped, in-house lesson space is giving Katy residents of all ages and skill levels access to affordable music lessons. Sourcing locally trained store employees as certified instructors, courses will be offered on guitar, bass, keys and drums, as well as vocals and recording techniques using Pro Tools and Logic Pro and GarageBand.
• Vast Product Selection and Low Prices – Guitar Center Katy brings an unprecedented selection of products to Katy, all backed by Guitar Center’s guarantee and available at attractive prices. The store features the latest in guitars, amplifiers, percussion instruments and keyboards, as well as live sound, DJ, lighting and recording equipment.
• Guitar Center Garage – Guitar Center Katy includes GC Garage, the store’s on-site guitar repair service, offering a host of services, including electronics repair, hardware customization, fretwork, structural repairs, cosmetic enhancements, setup and maintenances.
Guitar Center Katy: Additional In-Store Programs and Opportunities include:
• Guitar Center’s “Endless Aisle” – Katy customers can now shop from Guitar Center’s new multi-channel “endless aisle,” which extends the in-store inventory to over $400 million in new and used products from across the nation. Shoppers will be able to purchase in-store, online and via phone, with the option to have products shipped to their home or to the store for convenient pick up.
• At: Guitar Center Programs – Throughout the calendar year, Guitar Center Katy will host an array of free events, such as artist workshops, lessons, product launches and performances, as a part of the company’s ongoing commitment to educating and assisting unsigned artists. These programs aim to provide musicians with the opportunities and exposure essential to achieving their music goals.
• Recording Made Easy – Available at all Guitar Center locations, the Recording Made Easy program is a four-week, user-friendly series of weekly classes occurring Saturdays from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
In addition to special programs at the new Katy store, Guitar Center offers year-round programs designed to spearhead creativity and highlight promising undiscovered talent. Katy residents will now be able to participate in these ongoing events from their hometown. Programs have included Your Next Record, Guitar Center On-Stage, Guitar Center Singer-Songwriter, Guitar Center’s Battle of the Blues and Guitar Center’s Drum-Off.
Source: Clyne Media Communications